Monday, September 18, 2006

New Beginnings

I have been trying to formulate a post in my head for quite a few days now. It's hard to know where to begin.

I guess I'll start by saying I'm not much of a triathlete these days. *sigh*

I hate to admit it but my wildflower experience took the wind out of my sails a bit. (for those of you who don't know my story: I broke my wrist while completing my first triathlon)

I was going to do the Scott Tinley triathlon in October, but my training efforts have been lame. Oh yeah, and I never signed up.....which probably has something to do with why my training has been lame.

I've been drinking too much.

I've been working long hours due to final deadlines (corporate taxes).

ENOUGH WHINING ALREADY!!

Okay, here's my plan:

1.) Today I stop drinking. I wouldn't say I abuse alchohol, I just like to have a couple beers after work. The problem is it goes straight to my belly. I took a 6 month break last year, I felt great, and it showed.

2.) This morning I lifted weights with Daddy B. I plan to do this twice a week. I love weight training, but haven't done it for years, since I stopped going to the gym (I much prefer to train outdoors anyway!) The good news is we bought a free weights system this summer. It's sweet!

3.) Now that my final work deadlines have come and gone, I have some flexability in work schedule to get in those great brick workouts.

4.) I'm going to repeat what I did last year when I decided to do Wildflower. I'm going to train my butt off from here through January.

5.) Then comes Tax Season.

6.) But that's okay! I ran almost every day on my lunch breaks, minimum 1 swim a week. And then rode my bike on the weekends, and got in some good bike/run bricks. This worked pretty well last year....I WAS READY!

7.) I will complete Wildflower again without getting hurt this time.

8.) I hope to use my tax season bonus $$$ to buy a road bike.

9.) And if that happens I want to train and complete my first Olympic Distance Tri next season.

10.) Okay, well, that's the plan, and I'm sticking to it!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home