Friday, January 12, 2007

Ipod in the Toilet

I recently bought a new Ipod case because my obsession with purple demanded it. It’s this purple anodized metal case that looks SO COOL!

The problem is: it’s metal clip is not secured to the case, and easily slips off. A very poor design, no wonder it was on sale. Well, I have sort of remedied this by clipping it horizontally to prevent gravity from pulling the case off the clip.

Yeah, this worked pretty well until I LEANED OVER THE TOILET WHILE CLEANING IT!! PLOP...into the chemical filled bowl it tumbled. I dove for it, and quickly rinsed it off in the sink (well…I was worried about the chemicals!). I dried it off with Jaxon’s tee (he was in the tub at the time) and at this point it was still working. The next step was the hair dryer, yeah this is about the time it died. I then put it into the oven for about an hour @ 150 degrees (somebody told me they revived their cell phone this way). My next step was to plug it into the computer hoping it would generate some heat inside the unit to assist with the drying process.

That was 2 days ago.

This morning it powered on! And I even got it to play something. However, the screen is all funky, and I was having problems scrolling through the menus. *sigh*

I am, however, still filled with hope...

4 Comments:

Blogger tri-mama said...

Uggg! I have a shuffle, so I never know what's going to play-but having a ipod that I couldn't read would drive me nuts-hope it works out

5:06 AM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Ouch. Sounds like you have a trip to Future Shop in your future.

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)

6:45 PM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

Do you still have the warranty? Maybe Apple geniuses could fix it...you don't have to tell them where it has been! :-)

5:50 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

OMG - This SAME thing just happened to me last week! I didn't put it in the oven or anything though. Might try that...

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home