Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bicycle Memoirs ~ Chapter 1

I can't remember riding on training wheels. And I can't remember learning how to ride a bicycle.

My earliest bike memory, I was probably 5, was riding my big brother's bike ALL DAY LONG. I guess I was tired of my training wheels and wanted to ride a real bike. The only problem? Well, my brother is 4 years older than me so the bike was way too big for me. Yeah, so....uh....I was sitting on the top tube of his bike because my little legs couldn't reach the seat. ALL. DAY. LONG.

Can you say OUCH???

I can remember my mother putting cream or powder on my...........yeah that........to help ease the pain and burning.

Needless to say, my parents bought me my first real bike shortly thereafter. A purple Schwinn complete with banana seat. And it was love at first sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home